Hello everyone, I hope your result of class 12th are out now, and you all have done a good job. I want to congratulate every student who have completed the most important phase of her/ his life. Clearing the 12th exam is the best feeling one can get.
Understanding the need to empower the youth population in the country, the Indian government announces annual vacancies in various prestigious departments. It is interesting that the Indian public sector is experiencing a huge growth today and that is why many 12th pass students have the opportunity to work with them.
The employment sector in India is presently flourishing with a lot of job opportunities in the public sector. And these evergreen jobs in the Public Sector also ensure a large growth opportunity.
In this article, we have listed the various Government Jobs after 12th pass.
- SSC Stenographer Exam
- Railway Recruitment Exam
- Indian Army
- Indian Navy
- Indian Coast Guard
- Protective Services
SSC Stenographer Exam
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) releases recruitment notification for the post of Stenographer every year. It recruits a large number of candidates who have passed 12th through SSC Stenographer Exam. So, candidates who have cleared their higher secondary certification can utilize this opportunity to work with the Government of India.
If you are looking for Government Exam after 12th pass, you can apply for the various mentioned SSC Stenographer posts. Each post comes under two grades – Group C and Group D.
Stenographer Grade C: Candidates mostly get the opportunity to work with Ministers or Departments of Central Government in Delhi.
Stenographer Grade D: Candidates are categorized into Group X and Group Y.
- Candidates under Group X work in Delhi with the Departments of Central Government.
- Candidates under Group Y work with Departments of Central Government located throughout the India.
Read on to know the work profile of SSC Stenographers.
- Speech Writing – Candidates selecting for the speech writing have to work with some assigned senior officers. Their job is to note down the speech given by any of the officers under whom she/ he is working. Additionally, it is required to their job effectively because the speech may contain some important government records.
- Press Conference Briefing – Also, their job involves attending press conferences along with the minister or officer. They need to note down the speeches and other details of the conference. Also, it helps the government in making press release at the same time. There is a need of Stenographers in every public sector, that is why, government releases high number of vacancies for SSC Stenographer Exams.
- Minister/ Officer Assisting – Apart from this, there job role also involves assisting assigned ministers and officers for preparing speech. As the Stenographers attends different government proceedings, they know the important information regarding the upcoming meetings and conferences.
- Helping in Public Relations (PR) – Additionally, they make notes of various governmental departments and their issues. Later, they share this to Public Relations Officers so that it can reach the public.
Exam Pattern for SSC Stenographer Exams
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts online examination for the post of Grade C and Grade D. There will be 2 stages – Computer Based Test and Skill Test.
Computer Based Test
|Section Asked||No. of Questions|
|English Language and Comprehension||100|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50|
- Dictation in English/ Hindi for 10 minutes
- Group C: at the speed of 1000 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Group D: at the speed of 80 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Speech writing test of 100 words per minutes in English/ Hindi, i.e., 1000 words in 10 minutes
- Transcribe the dictation on a computer in a certain amount of time.
- Group C: 40 minutes in English and 55 minutes in Hindi
- Group D: 50 minutes in English and 65 minutes in Hindi
Railway Recruitment Exam
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) circulates notification to hire various candidates who have completed their higher secondary education. This is a great opportunity for all the students who opt for government exams after 12th.
Here, we are bringing top exams under RRB for all 12th pass candidates.
I. Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP)
The job responsibilities of an Assistant Loco Pilot are as follows:
- Calling out the signal once sighted
- To check the efficiency of the locomotive
- Tuning the locomotive finely
- Doing regular minor repairs of the locomotive
There is a good career growth as RRB Assistant Loco Pilot. Applicants can get the next level of posts, such as Sr Assistant Loco Pilot, Loco Pilot, Power Controller, Crew Controller, and Loco Foreman. Also, there are various benefits and perks associated with the RRB ALP Job. Exam Pattern for RRB ALP Exams.
The Railway Recruitment Board conducts various round to select a right candidate for the above job role. The RRB ALP selection process consists of the following rounds,
First Stage CBT
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs||10||10|
- The First Stage CBT is like a screening test
- Candidates will get one hour to complete the test
- There will be 75 questions and each question carry equal mark
Second Stage CBT
|Parts||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Part A||Maths||100||100||90 minutes|
|Basic Science and Engineering|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs|
|Part B||Relevant Trade||75||75||60 minutes|
|Total||175||175||2 Hours 30 Mins|
- The Second Stage CBT is having two parts, Part A and Part B
- Part A consists 100 questions and Part B consists 75 questions
- Students will have 2 hours and 30 minutes to finish both the part
Computer Based Aptitude Test
- Minimum score to qualify the CBAT is 42 marks
- There is no negative marking
Railway Clerks and Constables
The key role for the Railway Clerks are as follows:
- Senior Clerk-cum-Typist: This post appointed for the general task and various department. Their job is to assign work to the junior clerks and monitor their work.
- Junior Accounts Assistant-cum-typist: Candidates opting for this post will be placed in the Finance and Accounts Department. Their job role is to clears the bill, keep updating the stock and keeps the account of the RRB maintained.
- Enquiry-cum-Reservation Clerk: Candidates selected for this post has to give tickets to the passenger as well as information of various trains, such as arrival and departure time.
Other Railway Clerk Jobs are
- Train Clerks
- Accounts Clerks
- Commercial Clerks
- Junior Clerks
Exam Pattern of RRB Clerks Exam
|S. No||Exam Type||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||Objective Type||General Knowledge||20||20||90 minutes|
The key roles and responsibilities of Railway Constables includes the following:
- To maintain peace and protects the railway passengers
- Take care of railway properties
- Ensure that the passengers are enjoying their journey and are comfortable travelling
- Collect information and track the issues related to the Indian railway security
Exam Pattern for RRB Constable Exams
|RPF/ RPSF Constable Exam Pattern 2018|
|Phases||S. No.||Type of Exam||Subject Name||Marks|
|03||General Intelligence & Reasoning||35|
|Phase-II||PET (Physical Efficiency Test) & PMT (Physical Measurement Test)||–|
The other Railway Recruitment Exam for 12th pass candidates involve Station Master, Railway Recruitment Exam (Technical and Non-Technical cadre), Ticket Collector and helpers, etc.
Indian Army Exam
Every year, the Indian Army is releasing a career path for people who love the ocean, who have always been enamored by pristine white uniforms, and want to serve the nation with pride. Read on the following article to know the various government exam after 12th in Indian Army.
Sailors – Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) and Artificer Apprentices (AA) Artificer Apprentices (AA):
As an Artificer Apprentices, candidates will work as a sailor of the Indian Army. They need to work on steam powered machinery, guided missiles & automatically controlled weapon, diesel and gas turbines, sensors avionic equipment, and computers and highly advanced radio electrical power systems.
Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR): SSR in Indian Army is a non-technical branch. Candidates selected for the Indian Army SSR has a variety of specialized roles, such as Torpedo and anti-submarine, Survey Recorder, Radar Plotter, Gunner, Communication, Driver, etc.
- Written Test
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Medical Standards
Exam Pattern for the Indian Army SSR and AA
|S. No.||Exam Type||Subjects||Number of Question||Duration|
|1||Objective Type Question||English||25||60 minutes|
Cadet Entry in Technical Domain in Indian Army
This is one of the great opportunity that Indian Army provides to job seekers. Indian Army issues notification for candidates who are interested for 4-year degree course who have completed the higher secondary certification. Applicants who have applied for JEE (Main) exam are eligible for the following Government Exams after 12th.
Exam Pattern for Cadet Entry in Technical Domain
- JEE Marks
- SSB Interview
- Psychological Testing
- Group Testing
Indian Navy Exams
Serving the nation with a sense of nationalism, sincerity to sacrifice without dealing with yourself is not an easy task. As a naval officer, candidates have to spend few months away from your family, spend your free days offshore, and permanently place the ground on something else. Career in the Indian Navy will allow them to discover the world and offer guidance opportunities.
Technical Entry Scheme (TES) and Soldiers – Male Candidates
The Indian Navy conducts SSB Interview on the basis of 12th result. They provide a training period of 5 years in which 1-year basic military training at OTA Gaya, 3 years pre-commissioning training at various cadets training wings (Pune, Secunderabad, Mhow) and after post commissioning training of
They offer B.E in Mechanical, Combat, Electronics and Telecommunications, Civil, and Electrical Engineering, etc.
- Intelligence Test
- Psychological test
- Individual Task
- Group Task
- Group Discussions
Junior Commissioned Officers
There are different ranks which is divided into Commissioned, Junior Commissioned, and Non- Commissioned Officer. Under Junior Commissioned Officers, there are following ranks:
- Master Chief Petty Officer (1st class) – This is the senior rank of junior commissioned officer in the Indian Navy.
- Master Chief Petty Officer (2nd class) – Candidates designated as the Junior Commissioned Officer in the Indian Navy has the similar role as the most senior non-commissioned officer.
- Chief Petty Officer – This one is the junior commissioned rank in the Indian Navy. Their job is to provide training to Junior Officers and leading his division of sailors and petty officers.
- Written Examination (Paper I and Paper II)
Exam Pattern for Junior Commissioned Officers
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Question||Marks|
Indian Coast Guard Exams
The Indian Coast Guard is a National organization which is responsible for providing various services. The motive of Indian Coast Guard is to protect the India’s maritime interests and enforcing maritime law. Here is the list of government exams after 12th in Indian Coast Guard.
Candidates joining the Indian Coast Guard as Naviks (a sailor) can have a great future. The general duty of Naviks are to serve as sailors, communication specialists, weapon systems operators, drivers, etc. in various aviation or maritime support roles.
- Written Test
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Examination
- Final Enrolment Medical Examination
Exam Pattern for Indian Coast Guard Naviks
|S. No.||Exam Type||Subjects|
|1||Objective Type Question||English|
Aspirants selected as Assistant Commandant have to operate weapons, sensors and different kinds of equipment on board a ship. Moreover, they need to fight a war and is totally engaged in training and practicing.
- Mental Anility Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test
- Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP & DT)
- Medical Test
Exam Pattern for Assistant Commandant
|S. No.||Exam Type||Subjects|
|1||Objective Type Question||Mathematics|
Joining Protective Services means protecting and delivering integrated law administration and defense services to your national serious structure of federal services. It involves organizations such as Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), etc.
Border Security Force (BSF)
The Border Security Force (BSF) is the primary boarder guarding police force of India. This force ensures the security of the India’s border. Every year, Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Directorate General, Border Security Force release recruitment notification for 12th pass candidates.
- First Stage (Written Test)
- Second Stage (Physical test)
- Third Stage (Medical Test)
- Document Verification
Exam Pattern for Border Security Force Constable (General Duty)
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25|
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
The CRPF releases employment opportunities for both male and female Indian candidates who have completed the higher secondary education certification. The vacancies are for the Assistant Sub-Inspector (Steno).
- Physical Standard Test (PST), Documentation
- Written Exam
- Skill Test
- Medical Examination
Exam Pattern for Assistant Sub-Inspector (Steno)
|Part – I||Hindi or English Language||50||50||120 Minutes|
|Part – II||General Intelligence||50||50|
|Part – III||Clerical Aptitude||50||50|
|Part – IV||Numerical Aptitude||50||50|
|Descriptive Type (Essay and Letter Writing)||25||30 Minutes|
Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP)
Indo-Tibetan Border Police hires 12th pass students for Head Constable and Constable posts. So, applicants can make use of this opportunity after the completion of Higher Secondary Education.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Written Examination
- Skill Test
Exam Pattern for ITBP Constable and Head Constable
|S. No.||Exam Type||Name of the Subjects||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||Written Test||General Knowledge||10||10||2 Hour|
|5.||Trade-Related Theory Questions||60||60|
|Total||100 Q’s||100 Marks|
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
Central Industrial Security Force also provide a great employment to all the students who are looking for Government Exams After 12th. CISF releases Sarkari Result notification to hire 10+2 passed candidates for Assistant Sub Inspector and Head Constable Posts.
- Written Examination.
- Physical Efficiency Test.
- Medical Test.
Exam Pattern for CISF ASI, Constable, Head Constable
|S. No.||Exam Type||Name of the Subjects||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||Online Written Test||General Intelligence||25||25||2 Hours|